Tumblr: Celoteh Malam #4

For these last couple of days, I basically bombarder my posts by linking Mr. Nouman Ali Khan’s videos. Haha just can’t help it because I find it interesting, intriguing, and responding to my queries this whole time. Often, I feel like it directly answering my questions or discussions I had recently with a friend. I would not say that I completely agree with him in every matters, but mostly I do. He tried to explain issues in a rationale and fair manner without putting rationality as the ultimate truth (you know what I mean?), unlike prescriptive khutbah (sermon) that I used to listen when I was a kid. Honestly, that kind of prescriptive speech, I would say, also contributed to the distance I had been taking from learning Islam. It simply didn’t satisfy me.
IMHO, we need to transform our learning process into more participatory, treat kids as an active learner, and avoid taqlid (follow things unquestionably). I believe Allah’s messages in the Qur’an are not for nothing, they must be revealed for certain reasonings (thus, I believe critical thinking is also encouraged). For me, Allah is The Greatest teacher who teaches us throughout experiences in our lives. Same core modules, different teaching method, different point of view which then resulting in different lessons learned (different perspective >> different takeaways).
Therefore, for every teaching taught, we need to have filter and considerations with Allah still as the ultimate truth. That’s our anchor while searching: faith that Allah is exist. No other God, but Allah, the One and Only. This implies that we should employ “Islamic worldview” as Allah revealed in the Qur’an and Rasulullah exemplify in the Hadith to keep us in the right path. Hopefully, Allah will guide us and not let us being astray..
Aameen

Durham, 17 Dec 2015, 01.19 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teori Akuntansi: Uniformity and Disclosure

Teori Akuntansi: The Income Statement

ASP: Akuntansi Masjid vs Gereja