Go TRIANGEL!

I made this draft over a year ago to cheering my team, TRIANGEL, in a marketing research competition held by Nielsen. I should tell you the meaning behind our name despite of tiny typo behind it. Hahaha.
Our team name supposed to be TRIANGLE meaning that we consisted of 3 angels whose name are Cindhi Cintokowati, Etni Marliana, and Nafis Fairuzka. I proudly say that we are best friends! :)
Another way, it meant that marketing research comprised of 3 important actions which taking triangle shape.

In one evening just right after finishing my Japanese lesson, the 3 of us met in a cafe nearby Faculty of Engineering UNY. I couldn't recall the name of the cafe though :3
Firstly, we all agreed to join this competition yet not telling anyone including other Gejest members. FYI, Gejest is our (sort of) genk's name. Don't worry, I'm going to write another post to tell you more about it.
Then, when the typo incident happened?
It was funny actually. My dear friend, Etni, was the one in charge to registrate our team via online and she just realised that the name was mistakenly spelled later on after she submitted it.
Well, it was OK though. Maybe that's what brought us up to second phase: semifinal.

Firstly, we needed to write a research idea to be conducted if we passed through final. The theme was Youth.
Our team decided to bring clothing industry and youth community together as a potential niche market to explore. In short, we passed the first selection and moved to presentation phase. To be honest, we weren't ready in that time because our idea was still raw. The main problem was, we didn't well understand regarding how to conduct a research matter. Meanwhile, in the presentation session, the judgment would be based on research methods.

We only had several days before the Day, however I was rather upset at that time 'cause we took care of unimportant thing first such as gathering supporters, making team logo, preparing the cheering stuff like collecting signatures and printed flags with our logo on it, or providing our supporters' meal as a gratitude and stuff like that. In top of that, we went to a KKN survey in Glagah beach which almost take an hour to get there and a mid day! Thw worst thing was that, we went there just to confirm that my Gejest friends would not be in the same KKN group, after all. How was that?

Ah FYI, I didn't do KKN in the same term as them because I was leaving for study abroad in Hiroshima.
I was upset, I told them implicitely though I'm sure they knew even before I said it. Well, it wasn't took so long for us to get our focus back on the competition. Moreover, the other Gejest had been very helpful after we told them the news. I felt guilty that I was upset toward them. Although we didn't make it to the final, lesson learned.

I learned how to be a part of a team 'cause that was my first time joining a competition as a group. How important to share ideas and communicate whatever you really feel cause it would somehow effected your mood thus productivity. How important to be decisive and put the right priority on top. Other than that, I learned how to impress others during presentation: what's important factors to put on your presentation, etc.
From the 3 other finalists, we learned how brilliant youth ideas could be. No wonder many competitions hold by some multinational companies. Youth idea may bring new color into their (company) perspectives as well as giving new bright ideas. Well done for all the 4 finalists!! ;)

Regardless the result, I was deeply thankful to my Gejest friends especially the two angels who accompanied me along the Nielsen journey. Though our competition has over, I would still say GO TRIANGEL!!
Go to reach your dreams!! Go to keep believing in our potentials!! Go get marry! :p hihihiii
I Love You, Gals. Thanks for coloring my day!!



Uka & Cindhi

Cindhi, Kingkin, Dyah, Etni
Cecunguk Triangel :D

triangel


Cindhi, Uka, Etni

Triangel

Semifinalists

The Gejest


The competition can be seen at nielsen news.
And these were the important dates at that time:
- Preliminary Online registration and submission process: 8th November - 31st December 2010
- Preliminary Phase winner announcement: January, 15th 2011
- University Final Period: January, 20th 2010 - February, 4th 2011
- Workshop Day at Nielsen Office: February, 7th 2010 - February 8th 2011
- National Final: March, 25th 2011




Kuningan, Yogyakarta

September 2, 2012

Cintokowati.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teori Akuntansi: Uniformity and Disclosure

Teori Akuntansi: The Income Statement

ASP: Akuntansi Masjid vs Gereja