Bayyinah: Allah is the Protector


Thank you for reminding me that I shouldn't be afraid of who I am.
I am a Muslim
A Muslim woman who wear headscarf in daily basis.
If now, my religion is targeted by misconception, I should not step back.
Well, we had this struggle on the early age of its revelation.
Other religions and minorities also had been through the similar type of situation.
The shadow will soon shed away, Inshaa Allah.
So I shall not fear.
Because I have Allah, as the Protector.

I study in the UK now.
Soon as the Paris attack occurred, hate crime against Muslim was awaken.
I am not afraid here in Durham, since it is a small lovely city.
But I had this thought in mind when approaching 2016 New Year eve.
There was a news about some random guy pushed a hijabi woman to railway in London's subway,
and it got me caught a glimpse of fear to be in public [if I were in London]
and I was like, "thank God, I live in this city"

Then I think to myself,
How lucky I am to grow up in Indonesia, where the majority is Muslim.
Where I don't need to feel insecure of my identity.
Where I can publicly express myself as a Muslim,
unlike my Muslim sisters in other part of the worlds who are struggling to live their lives as they opt to.

Well, then, now I think again.
Each place has its different problem.
Sure in Indonesia, I don't need to worry to wear hijab or practice my religion.
But...
In most part of Indonesia, we may still subscribe to a dogmatic view.
Confine our mind [along with its criticality] into tiny world, sorting out the rest of the world into boxes.
Is it the simple-mindedness that urge that attitude of judging and labelling?
It is arguable.
Or is it our ego to be the right one?




Durham, 19 Jan 2016, 04.46 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teori Akuntansi: Uniformity and Disclosure

Teori Akuntansi: The Income Statement

Akuntansi Sektor Public: Rangkuman Jenis Anggaran